Monarch Dental - Lies & Fraud!

I went to Monarch Dental which is at the FM114 and Murphy road intersection.I had the same problem as Mary.

S. When I called to set up an appointment, they knew I had only a Basic Dental plan, and that would cover only normal cleaning (which I had requested).

When I went to the office, the person at the front desk said that my insurance doesnot cover their deep cleaning costs (they would not be able to do normal cleaning which I had went there for). I told them I would come back next year with a Full Dental plan. I didnot want any deep cleaning.

Then the front desk person said that they would try to fit in my cleaning costs with what the insurance will cover (ALL LIES!!!!). Then I waited for 1.5 hrs to get the x-rays and the hygienist to tell me I have gum issues, and they would not be able to do a normal cleaning which I had spent after all!!! what a waste of time. Basically they took the insurance money for x-rays and just to tell me I need to come in for a deep cleaning later....I would have been o.k, if I had been just turned away.

They made me wait to take the x-rays (basically taking my insurance money), and sending me home without any money.

now they are asking me to come for a deep cleaning, which i have to pay out of my pocket...i was with a good dentist before, but wanted to try a dentist close by my home, as my dentist had moved far away.What a fraud!

- Anonymous

c3b3329 review #162382
5 Helpful? 5
Had the same issue0 Comments20 Report
Had an experience with Monarch Dental?  Submit review about this company
Archangel 150

Aug 27, 2012

EVERYONE MUST. UNDERSTAND. THAT THEY CHARGE PATIENTS OVER THE COST. FOR PROCEDURES. JEFFERY JACOB DDS NO LONGER MANAGES. AT VILLAGE DRIVE HE GETS. HIS VICTIMS FROM POTEET. TEXAS AND DR PRESS FINALLY RETIRED THEY REACHED THEIR QUOTAS FOR STEALING FROM THEIR PATIENTS THEIR PROFESSIONAL TRUST DOES NOT MATTER ONLY THE THING CALL MONEY THEY NEVER COMPLETE THEIR WORKS WHILE UNDER THE UMBRELLAS. OF MONARCH DENTAL CASTLE DENTAL SMILES., THEIR HEADQUARTERS AFTER YEARS SAY IT IS HEAR IN TEXAS AND THE DISTRICT. MANAGEMENT. WILL BANNS YOU IF YOU COMPLAIN TO THE DENTAL BOAORF ALSO UNDER EMERGENCY THEY DO NOT HONOR PATIENTS RIGHTS SO ALL THOSE CITIES SAYING AND GIVING POSITIVES FEED BACK BUYER BEWARE.

Angelica

Feb 11, 2012

So yes I went to Monarch Dental on Fredericksburg Rd. San Antonio TX. I went with my boyfriend and he paid cash. They charged him a minimal amount for a regular cleaning, because I had Insurance I needed a deep cleaning, which I had seen a dentist about 8 months before and She had told me I was fine. Hm... With all these reviews now I'm glad I did not go back for the deep cleaning, I rather go see another dentist. PLus the girl that gave me the x ray was so rude and stuck that plastic so hard. It makes me mad..

Dawn

Dec 06, 2011

Had the same song and dance last year. Took advantage of the fact that I was terrified of the dentist and told me I needed deep cleaning and refused to give me my basic cleaning. I did more research and sent the info off to my insurance who told me I did not need a deep cleaning and did not have gum disease. Went on to fill 9 cavities (so they said)

Fast forward to this year, I have just returned from a new dentist who told me I did not need deep cleaning, did not have gum disease, but I did have several cavities that there is no way a dentist would have missed. Funny how I had 9 minor fillings at Monarch but these 4 are serious fillings that require more work. They are so lazy that they do fake fillings but leave the real ones that need attention behind because it's too much work. Really? Run far away from Monarch.

ARCHANGEL 150

Sep 28, 2011

PLEASED BE ADVISED THIS WILL HELP ALL VICTIMS EMPLOYING DENIST. WHO STEAL FROM PATIENTS. AND INCOMPLETE. WORK. GIBE PUT YOUR PATIENTS RIGHTS COMPLAIN TO DENTAL BOARD SWAMP THEM COMPLAINTS. .ALSO BOYCOTT. MONARCH DENTAL NETWORKS. IN TEXAS. UNITED. WE STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE IN AUSTIN TEXAS DENTAL BOARD OFFICE 333 GUADALUPE. ST. 9/29/2011 TO STOP THIS! DENTIST WHO LIE CHEAT AND INCORRECTLY. DOCUMENTS PROCEDURES. AND COSTS

purple

Jul 08, 2011

Monarch in Lewisville, TX has the worst insurance practices. Mistakes that overbill, wrong treatment codes, and upsell-scare tactics on deep cleaning. Never use them.

Ashley G.

May 18, 2011

Just had my appointment at monarch dental in San Antonio, TX. My first time here and I already want to see another dentist. The xray equipment was dated and the thing they had to keep putting in my mouth was cutting the inside of my mouth, very uncomfortable. The last time I had xrays I did not have to have this sharp flat thing shoved vertically into my mouth and be told to *** down on it (about 15-20 times from different angles). Then the dentist came in, young female so i was fairly surprised at her age. She then tells me I need a deep cleaning and that I have 1 cavity. I am 28 and have never had a cavity before but i know it happens but i still have sealants on my teeth from when i was 18 (yes they are still there after all these years! a little worn but nonetheless there). The tooth she said had a cavity is the same tooth with a TINY spot on the side of it that was there since before I was 18 that my old dentist said was not a cavity. I politely agreed and headed to the front desk. I have Delta Dental insurance and was taken aback when the receptionist gave me the print out of the quote. For ONE filling and a deep cleaning I will have to pay $570 out of pocket. The total without insurance is $1614. This sounds obscene to me but since I've never had to have any actual dental work done other than those sealants, I had nothing to compare it to. Thank goodness I came home and searched "monarch dental overcharging". Seems to be the same story over and over, especially with... Show more

Dave

Mar 01, 2011

Similar problem in Hurst TX, Airport Freeway and industrial, usual story I have gum disease "who doesn't " conned me into a deep cleaning , most unpleasant experience of my life. Took out 3 teeth, one of them was the wrong one.
Bad tempered Iraqi dentist who I really
wanted to knock out.
I was on their own discount dental plan, which as it turned out worked out more expensive than going to a regular Dentist with o plan.
I'd just avoid Monarch in general.

Frank McCullough

Sep 09, 2010

GF Dental in Rowlett pulled the same *** on me. They wouldnt clean my teeth or pull my wisdom teeth without the deep cleaning. If people really needed this "deep cleaning" as much as these sham dentists promote it --then it should be covered by most insurance companies---but clearly it isnt because it is not necessary!!!

Chris

Aug 28, 2010

I just recently went to Monarch Dental to have some teeth extracted, upon the visit the Dentist told me that I have Gum Disease and need a "Deep Cleaning". A week later I go back, the Dental Hygienist says I won't need a deep cleaning, I needed a regular cleaning. These people are out for money, that's pure *** simple. I was also charged for 4 surgical extractions, when a surgical extraction never happened, he just pulled them. Oh and to top it off, I have no insurance. So let's see...4 teeth pulled...x rays....anesthesia.........1200$????? Yeah, I am going to see them Monday morning and requesting documentation for my records and a copy of my xray, then i am going to sue the living *** out of them

Chris

Aug 28, 2010

Adam

Jul 25, 2010

This recently happened to me Monarch Dental - West Plano location. Xrays and exam were quick and seemed fine. However, they insisted on doing a deep cleaning which would cost me $684 out of pocket. They did not even respond to the question of whether a basic cleaning was available.

Several other fluff charges were padded onto their estimate, which was explained to me by their not too bright office billing manager. I told her I would have to sleep on it.

What an incredible scam, fraud and waste of time. I now have find yet another dentist and repeat the dental exam and xrays, but at least I've been avoided this trap. Boiler room tactics which I'm still amazed they can get away with - RUN! / don't walk from the Monarch DEEP CLEANING SCAM.

I would go back to the local dentist I've seen for over a dozen years, but I downgraded to the DMO option which was a huge mistake. I'll choose any individual practitioner now to avoid the "below the gumline" fraud factories like Monarch Dental.

I join ALL of these complaints against Monarch which in light of my experience appear entirely legitimate. Shame on those above who create comments simply to refute valid opinions.

really??

Jul 03, 2010

for the life of me I can not understand why you care what your insurance company has to pay the offices. Really.. if you look at the bigger picture - it is infact your insurance company who is trying to *** over. Yes, they will take your money each month to have insurance - and then say that you have coverage and they will pay x amount to the office. Guess what they do - ignore the claims sent in, continually ask for items to prove treatment and process claim, loose everything, just to in the end not fullfill their full responsibility leaving you - the patient - with more money owed. And by the way if you actually take care of your teeth - brushing (with a sonicare) and flossing after EVERY meal - then I bet you won't have to visit a dentist who tells you need treatment to fix your UNHEALTHY mouth! Please the next time you go to your medical doctor - boss them around - and if you ever need surgery try letting them know you refuse that because your insurance doesn't cover it and that they are billing them too much. This is ridiculous - please please please research periodontal (gum) disease and the fact that it DOES lead to HEALTH problems.

If in fact, we allow knoweldge to open our eyes, we can choose a better path.

David

Feb 17, 2010

This exact thing happened to me at the Monarch on Mockinbird. Told me I had gum disease and needed a $1300 treatment. I had a second opinion and had not gum disease.

John A, the problem with this company, is they elevate the severity and (more importantly) refuse a basic cleaning to people that either cannot afford the treatment. Even if they are right about the severity, the treatment is more expensive than getting an actual cavity (which I haven't gotten one in years). It also shows their motivation by sending you a dental "Credit" application in your new member packet.

Rose

Jan 05, 2010

The same thing happened to me at Royal Dental. They insisted on doing a deep cleaning or no cleaning at all. I stormed out of their office. Made an appointment with another private dental, had no problems whatsovever getting my teeth cleaned.

John A

Dec 22, 2009

Wow, the lack of dental knowledge is scary. I can not dispute customer service dissatifation, however those of you with insurance need to understand it is YOUR plan that is limiting your benefits, not your dentist. Read your plan!!! Dental insurance that offers "2 cleanings" a year specifically states that they cover 2 "prophys". A prophy is defined as the removal of plaque above the gumline for the PREVENTION of gum disease. Once someone has gum diseae (smokers, those that havent seen a dentist for a while, bone loss, bleeding gums, tartar under the gums) cannot leagally have a "cleaning" to prevent a disease they alread have contracted. This disease now needs medical treatment and that treatment is what you commonly refer to as a "deeper cleaning" or scaling and rootplaning. Or you can wait and let them fall out of your head. Your anger is improperly directed at the dentist that has informed you of a disease you have. Once you finally own your own problen and realize you need treatment, then you can be angry at yourself for not getting those preventative "cleanings" that you origionally wanted. When are people going to realize they cant dictate their own medical treatment just because thats what they want? If you have gum disease and a dentist gives you that "cleaning" aka prophy...they have committed malpractice and the number one malpractice reason dentist are sued is the misdiagnosis/underdiagnosis of gumdisease. You should be thankful you went to a dentist... Show more

Get an education

Dec 11, 2009

This comment is for the person who is "Fraud and lies I don't think so". Do really think people would make up these things if it didn't happen?? The same thing happened to me at the
Frisco location. Actually the dentist and hygienist let the front office girl tell me that I needed $500 deep cleaning and I would not be able to get the free cleaning that I pay each month to my insurance company. I'm getting a second opinion and if it comes out that I don't need a deep cleaning I will be filing suit against Monarch for insurance fraud, unnecessary treatment, and intentional awareness. All you need to do is google monarch complaints and it is all the same story. The reason Monarch is ripping people off is because the DMO insurances has given monarch x amount of money for each patient regardless if you go see them or not. It is called a stipend. So that is the reason the dentist does not care if you are happy or even if you get the work done or not because they have already been paid! So the extra money they get out of you is a BONUS!But my recommendation to all the people who get ripped off is call and file a complaint with the Board of Dental Examiners licensing against the dentist and the hygienist this will be the only way to get them to do the right thing for the patient. Hit them against there license. You can also file a complaint with the BBB but what a SURPRISE they are not accrediated with them! You can also check out all the compliants filed against them. NOT A
... Show more

Dont Understand

Nov 30, 2009

A deep cleaning is only recommened when you have active bacteria behind the gums. I dont think a reg.Cleaning will take care of your problem. That like just putting a bandaid on a dirty cut. To prevent infection you should clean it first right. Most people dont understand how important your teeth are until you start to lose them.

Fraud and Lies I dont think so

Nov 30, 2009

I work for a dental office and people tend to tell you what they wont. I want a regular cleaning even thought they have never had a cleaning in theie lives. If these peolpe want a regular cleaning floss and brush your teeth at home. Cant do a cleaning when your gums are BLEEDING. You can go to a dr. offices and say I want what my insurance covers. I think most of these people that go to the dentist need to realize they came into the dentist office for their help and not the other way around. I bet most of these people dont complain about the price of that new TV you bought or the PS3 you bought your kids or that 40K car you are driving. Just let you teeth rote out of your heads. That will fix the problem.

Beth S

Nov 27, 2009

Terrible Customer Service at Mansfield Texas Location. They overcharged me for services and then it took them 4 months to reimburse my credit card. The office has the phone on answering machine most of the time. You cannot speak to someone because they usually do not answer the phones. The staff are under qualified or dont care. We have left their office!!

Diane

Nov 20, 2009 Erode, Tamil Nadu

My husband and I experienced the EXACT same thing at the Monarch Tollway location (14400 Dallas Pkwy Ste 200, Dallas, TX 75254)on November 18.
Same racket -- take ***-wing x-rays and bill the insurer for them, then refuse to do a cleaning until $1300 in not-covered-by-insurance planing, scaling and treatment with Arestin is done.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Monarch Dental.
Filing a new complaint about
×