Reviewing my xrays, the dentist pointed to a tiny dot (barely visible) and claimed it's a cavity that needs to be taken care of immediately. Oh, it would require replacing a crown costing over $1,000.

I told her let's just watch it for a while.

Two months later, a Monarch call center agent called to see if I want to move ahead with the crown replacement (!) I put the call agent straight and told her that if/when I actually have a cavity that needs a new crown, I will discuss it with (who I hope will be a new) dentist at that time.

I think Monarch is great, but I really resent the attempt to upsell from corporate.

I had a similar experience with another dentist in her own practice who claimed I had a broken tooth and I would need an implant (her new specialty). I got a second opinion, and guess what - my tooth was just fine.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monarch Dental Dentistry Doctor.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 24.

Comments

Dr. Smith @ Monarch (Hot Springs, Arkansas) was extremely rude to his staff right in front of me.

Plus they constantly want to change the dental plan that I am on; adding additional fees that I simply can’t afford. So frustrated with Monarch Dentist Office.