Santa Clara, California

I went to Monarch Dental which is at the FM114 and Murphy road intersection.I had the same problem as Mary.

Related: Monarch Dental - Poor service not enough information

S. When I called to set up an appointment, they knew I had only a Basic Dental plan, and that would cover only normal cleaning (which I had requested).

When I went to the office, the person at the front desk said that my insurance doesnot cover their deep cleaning costs (they would not be able to do normal cleaning which I had went there for). I told them I would come back next year with a Full Dental plan. I didnot want any deep cleaning.

Then the front desk person said that they would try to fit in my cleaning costs with what the insurance will cover (ALL LIES!!!!). Then I waited for 1.5 hrs to get the x-rays and the hygienist to tell me I have gum issues, and they would not be able to do a normal cleaning which I had spent after all!!! what a waste of time. Basically they took the insurance money for x-rays and just to tell me I need to come in for a deep cleaning later....I would have been o.k, if I had been just turned away.

They made me wait to take the x-rays (basically taking my insurance money), and sending me home without any money.

now they are asking me to come for a deep cleaning, which i have to pay out of my pocket...i was with a good dentist before, but wanted to try a dentist close by my home, as my dentist had moved far away.What a fraud!

- Anonymous

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Monarch Dental?

Comments

Archangel 150

EVERYONE MUST.UNDERSTAND.

THAT THEY CHARGE PATIENTS OVER THE COST. FOR PROCEDURES. JEFFERY JACOB DDS NO LONGER MANAGES. AT VILLAGE DRIVE HE GETS.

HIS VICTIMS FROM POTEET. TEXAS AND DR PRESS FINALLY RETIRED THEY REACHED THEIR QUOTAS FOR STEALING FROM THEIR PATIENTS THEIR PROFESSIONAL TRUST DOES NOT MATTER ONLY THE THING CALL MONEY THEY NEVER COMPLETE THEIR WORKS WHILE UNDER THE UMBRELLAS. OF MONARCH DENTAL CASTLE DENTAL SMILES., THEIR HEADQUARTERS AFTER YEARS SAY IT IS HEAR IN TEXAS AND THE DISTRICT.

MANAGEMENT.WILL BANNS YOU IF YOU COMPLAIN TO THE DENTAL BOAORF ALSO UNDER EMERGENCY THEY DO NOT HONOR PATIENTS RIGHTS SO ALL THOSE CITIES SAYING AND GIVING POSITIVES FEED BACK BUYER BEWARE.

Angelica

So yes I went to Monarch Dental on Fredericksburg Rd.San Antonio TX.

I went with my boyfriend and he paid cash. They charged him a minimal amount for a regular cleaning, because I had Insurance I needed a deep cleaning, which I had seen a dentist about 8 months before and She had told me I was fine. Hm... With all these reviews now I'm glad I did not go back for the deep cleaning, I rather go see another dentist.

PLus the girl that gave me the x ray was so rude and stuck that plastic so hard.It makes me mad..

Dawn

Had the same song and dance last year.Took advantage of the fact that I was terrified of the dentist and told me I needed deep cleaning and refused to give me my basic cleaning.

I did more research and sent the info off to my insurance who told me I did not need a deep cleaning and did not have gum disease. Went on to fill 9 cavities (so they said)

Fast forward to this year, I have just returned from a new dentist who told me I did not need deep cleaning, did not have gum disease, but I did have several cavities that there is no way a dentist would have missed. Funny how I had 9 minor fillings at Monarch but these 4 are serious fillings that require more work. They are so lazy that they do fake fillings but leave the real ones that need attention behind because it's too much work.

Really?Run far away from Monarch.

ARCHANGEL 150

PLEASED BE ADVISED THIS WILL HELP ALL VICTIMS EMPLOYING DENIST.WHO STEAL FROM PATIENTS.

AND INCOMPLETE. WORK. GIBE PUT YOUR PATIENTS RIGHTS COMPLAIN TO DENTAL BOARD SWAMP THEM COMPLAINTS. .ALSO BOYCOTT.

MONARCH DENTAL NETWORKS. IN TEXAS. UNITED. WE STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL BE IN AUSTIN TEXAS DENTAL BOARD OFFICE 333 GUADALUPE. ST. 9/29/2011 TO STOP THIS! DENTIST WHO LIE CHEAT AND INCORRECTLY.

DOCUMENTS PROCEDURES.AND COSTS

purple

Monarch in Lewisville, TX has the worst insurance practices. Mistakes that overbill, wrong treatment codes, and upsell-scare tactics on deep cleaning. Never use them.

Ashley G.

Just had my appointment at monarch dental in San Antonio, TX.My first time here and I already want to see another dentist.

The xray equipment was dated and the thing they had to keep putting in my mouth was cutting the inside of my mouth, very uncomfortable. The last time I had xrays I did not have to have this sharp flat thing shoved vertically into my mouth and be told to *** down on it (about 15-20 times from different angles). Then the dentist came in, young female so i was fairly surprised at her age. She then tells me I need a deep cleaning and that I have 1 cavity.

I am 28 and have never had a cavity before but i know it happens but i still have sealants on my teeth from when i was 18 (yes they are still there after all these years! a little worn but nonetheless there). The tooth she said had a cavity is the same tooth with a TINY spot on the side of it that was there since before I was 18 that my old dentist said was not a cavity. I politely agreed and headed to the front desk.

I have Delta Dental insurance and was taken aback when the receptionist gave me the print out of the quote. For ONE filling and a deep cleaning I will have to pay $570 out of pocket. The total without insurance is $1614. This sounds obscene to me but since I've never had to have any actual dental work done other than those sealants, I had nothing to compare it to.

Thank goodness I came home and searched "monarch dental overcharging".

Seems to be the...

Dave

Similar problem in Hurst TX, Airport Freeway and industrial, usual story I have gum disease "who doesn't " conned me into a deep cleaning , most unpleasant experience of my life. Took out 3 teeth, one of them was the wrong one.

Bad tempered Iraqi dentist who I really

wanted to knock out.

I was on their own discount dental plan, which as it turned out worked out more expensive than going to a regular Dentist with o plan.

I'd just avoid Monarch in general.

Frank McCullough

GF Dental in Rowlett pulled the same *** on me. They wouldnt clean my teeth or pull my wisdom teeth without the deep cleaning. If people really needed this "deep cleaning" as much as these sham dentists promote it --then it should be covered by most insurance companies---but clearly it isnt because it is not necessary!!!

Chris
#182036

I just recently went to Monarch Dental to have some teeth extracted, upon the visit the Dentist told me that I have Gum Disease and need a "Deep Cleaning".A week later I go back, the Dental Hygienist says I won't need a deep cleaning, I needed a regular cleaning.

These people are out for money, that's pure *** simple. I was also charged for 4 surgical extractions, when a surgical extraction never happened, he just pulled them. Oh and to top it off, I have no insurance.

So let's see...4 teeth pulled...x rays....anesthesia.........1200$?????Yeah, I am going to see them Monday morning and requesting documentation for my records and a copy of my xray, then i am going to sue the living *** out of them

Chris